Every day is a new day
St Michael’s Pre-School follows the EYFS (Early Years Foundation Stage) providing everyday activities with benefits for all children. Our ethos is to make it possible for every child, whatever their gender / culture / educational needs, to have full access to our curriculum and to participate to achieve their full potential. Every child is unique.
Our setting aims:
- To provide a safe and caring environment.
- To provide a stimulating setting for all children, including those with special educational needs.
- To provide a wide and varied curriculum with lots of learning opportunities. The curriculum is broad and varied to help children reach the development matters as set out by the Department for Education.
- To teach children to respect themselves and others, and to develop self-confidence.
- To encourage children to develop their social skills.
- To work in partnership with parents to help children to learn and develop.
- To nurture and develop childrens self-esteem.
- To teach children how to share and play with toys and equipment and to treat them with respect.
- To give children time to use the knowledge they have and to build on their prior experiences and knowledge, taking into account about how they are learning, their styles and interests.
- To ease the transition from pre-school to school.
Above all, our aim is for children to play, have fun and enjoy themselves during their time at pre-school. We offer opportunities for you and your family to be directly involved in the activities of the group, and in your child’s progress. Please read our Self-Evalution Form Summary (SEF) for further information too
We are a committee run preschool and without our committee we would not be able to open or run. Please see our committee page.
Our Promise To You
We promise you every day your child will learn something
Some days they will bring it home in their hands
Some days they will bring it home in their heads
And some days they will bring it home in their hearts.
What our Parents and children think about us?
“Thank you for all you have done over the years as a family we will miss you”Parent
“At preschool age we expect our child to have fun, feel, secure, settled and get as much education as she can at her age preschool has met and exceeded our expectations. She has absolutely loves it”.Parent
Warm wishes from our family, and hope we will keep in touch!” Parent
“We brought home the Hungry caterpillar home learning bag. My daughter really enjoyed it”Parents
“I like playing with my friends”Child
“thank you for all you have done for our daughter over the last 2 and half years. She has loved coming to St Michaels Preschool. She and myself will miss coming in every day and seeing you all. Hope we can stay in touch”parent
“The use of taperstry. I love seeing/ hearing what she has been up to”Parent
Autumn term 2020
Opens – Monday 7th September Ends – Friday 23rd October
Half term – Monday 26th October to Friday 30th October
Opens – Monday 2nd November Ends – Friday 18th December
DATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE
Spring term 2021
Opens – Monday 4th January Ends – Friday 12th February
Half term – Monday 15th February to Friday 19th February
Opens – Monday 22nd February Ends – Friday 26th March
DATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE
Summer Term 2021
Opens – Monday 12th April Ends – Friday 28th May
Bank holiday – Monday 3rd May
Half term – Monday 31st May to Friday 4th June
Opens – Monday 7th June Ends – Friday 16th July
Leavers trip – Monday 19th July
DATE ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE
Opening Hours (Term Time Only):
Monday 8.30am -11.30am 12.00pm -3.00pm
Tuesday 8.30am -11.30am (Closed PM)
Wednesday 8.30am -11.30am 12.00pm -3.00pm
Thursday 8.30am -11.30am 12.00pm -3.00pm
Friday 8.30am -11.30am 12.00pm -3.00pm
Full day care is from 8.30am to 3pm.
Opening Hours from September 2017 onwards:
Monday: 8.30am – 11.30am afternoon session 12.00 – 3.00pm or all day
Tuesday: 8.30am – 11.30am
Wednesday: 8.30am – 11.30am afternoon session 12.00 – 3.00pm or all day
Thursday: 8.30am – 11.30am afternoon session 12.00 – 3.00pm or all day
Friday: 8.30am – 11.30am afternoon session 12.00 – 3.00pm or all day
You can purchase St Michael’s Pre-School polo shirts and canvas bags, ideal for spare clothes and wellies. Ask us for more info!
Join us on Facebook – search for St Michael’s Pre-School and send us a friend request!
St Michael’s Pre-School
Registered Charity: 1110379
OFTED Registration: 256826