Every day is a new day
Our setting aims:
- To provide a safe and caring environment.
- To provide a stimulating setting for all children, including those with special educational needs.
- To provide a wide and varied curriculum with lots of learning opportunities. The curriculum is broad and varied to help children reach the development matters as set out by the Department for Education.
- To teach children to respect themselves and others, and to develop self-confidence.
- To encourage children to develop their social skills.
- To work in partnership with parents to help children to learn and develop.
- To nurture and develop childrens self-esteem.
- To teach children how to share and play with toys and equipment and to treat them with respect.
- To give children time to use the knowledge they have and to build on their prior experiences and knowledge, taking into account about how they are learning, their styles and interests.
- To ease the transition from pre-school to school.
Above all, our aim is for children to play, have fun and enjoy themselves during their time at pre-school. We offer opportunities for you and your family to be directly involved in the activities of the group, and in your child’s progress. Please read our Self-Evalution Form Summary (SEF) for further information too
What our Parents and children think about us?
“Thank you for all you have done over the years as a family we will miss you”Parent
Warm wishes from our family, and hope we will keep in touch!” Parent
“I like playing with my friends”Child
“thank you for all you have done for our daughter over the last 2 and half years. She has loved coming to St Michaels Preschool. She and myself will miss coming in every day and seeing you all. Hope we can stay in touch”parent
Summer term 2018
• Opens Monday 16th April 2018
• May Day Monday 7th May 2018
• Break up 25th May 2018
• Half term 28th May to 1st June 2018
• Parents evening 25th June 2018 6.00pm to 8.30pm for school leavers
• Parents evening 9th July 6pm to 8.30pm for children returning in September 2018
• Ends Monday 23rd July 2018 (Leavers Trip – Pre-school will be closed)
- Back to Preschool – Thursday 6th September
- Break up – Friday 19th October
- Half term – Monday 22nd – 26th October
- Back to Preschool – 29th October
- Break up – 19th December
Spring term 2019
Opens Monday 7th January
Ends Friday 15th February
half term Monday 18th February to 22nd February
Opens 25th February
Ends 5th April
Summer term 2019
Opens Tuesday 23rd April
Closes Friday 24th May
Half term Monday 27th May to Friday 31st May
Opens Monday 3rd June
Closes Monday 22nd June (leavers trip)
Opening Hours (Term Time Only):
Monday 8.30am -11.30am 12.00pm -3.00pm
Tuesday 8.30am -11.30am (Closed PM)
Wednesday 8.30am -11.30am 12.00pm -3.00pm
Thursday 8.30am -11.30am 12.00pm -3.00pm
Friday 8.30am -11.30am 12.00pm -3.00pm
Full day care is from 8.30am to 3pm.
Opening Hours from September 2017 onwards:
Monday: 8.30am – 11.30am afternoon session 12.00 – 3.00pm or all day
Tuesday: 8.30am – 11.30am
Wednesday: 8.30am – 11.30am afternoon session 12.00 – 3.00pm or all day
Thursday: 8.30am – 11.30am afternoon session 12.00 – 3.00pm or all day
Friday: 8.30am – 11.30am afternoon session 12.00 – 3.00pm or all day
You can purchase St Michael’s Pre-School polo shirts and canvas bags, ideal for spare clothes and wellies. Ask us for more info!
Join us on Facebook – search for St Michael’s Pre-School and send us a friend request!
St Michael’s Pre-School
Registered Charity: 1110379
OFTED Registration: 256826