Home Learning Support
Here at St Michael’s Pre-School, we offer a huge variety of learning opportunities for our children and we offer lots of home learning support for parents/carers, so you too can be a vital part of your child’s learning journey. These include:
- Home Visits
- Welcome Pack
- Your Child’s Key Worker (who is always available to advise and support learning in your home environment)
- WOW Moments
- Magic Moments
- Home Diaries
- Home Reading Books
- Home Learning Bags
- Lilly Bear
- Free Workshops
- Information in Parents’ / Carers’ Area
- Regular Newsletter
- Holiday Diaries
- Information on Display Board
- Ideas on our website
Please feel free to utilise the free home learning links available on this page and do take advantage of all the free home learning resources and support available in the setting. If you have any questions, please speak to a member of staff or get in touch via our Contact Us page.
Make Your Own Easy Playdough in 5 minutes!
You will need: 2 cups plain flour / 2 tablespoons vegetable oil / 2 cups salt / 2 tablespoons cream of tartar / Up to 1.5 cups boiling water (adding it in until it feels just right) / food colouring (optional) You need to:
- Mix the flour, salt, cream of tartar and oil in a large mixing bowl
- Add food colouring to the boiling water then into the dry ingredients
- Stir continuously until it becomes a sticky, combined dough
- Allow it to cool down
- Turn out and knead it vigorously for a couple of minutes until all of the stickiness has gone
- Store in an airtight container for up to 6 months!
Exploring the world with Lilly Bear and Billy Bear.
These are examples of some of our current Home Learning Bags
Talk to Your Baby (http://www.literacytrust.org.uk/talk_to_your_baby)
Imagination Tree (http://theimaginationtree.com/)
Talking Point (http://www.talkingpoint.org.uk/resources/chatter-matters)